Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Last night we started day one of training.  It felt great!  We took D in the jogging stroller with us and he really enjoyed it too.  However, I have to say being pushed in stroller while eating Fruit Loops would have to be pretty enjoyable to anyone.  :)

Doing this challenge as a family is a must for us.  Partly because we don't want to take any time away from D to train, but also because we can motivate each other!  I have to say Archie pushed me through last night.  He was amazing.  I know I would have quit half way through if it wasn't for him.  I hope on his "off" days I can do the same. 

We are using an iPhone app called 13.1 Half Marathon Trainer Exercise for Pink.  It is pretty good so far.  I worry that it might be too agressive for us in a week or two and beyond, haha, but we are ready to push ourselves.  Tonight we are scheduled to crosstrain for 40 minutes and will be back to running on Wednesday.  No pain, no gain!

On another day, perhaps when I need to remind myself, I will tell the stories of why we are doing this challenge and why it is dear to our hearts. 

Until then:  Go TeamNick, Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment